My Poetry

I started this blog so I could neatly archive my work. You should find my poetry very diverse. I would like to believe there is something here for almost everyone.

It was only recently that I became interested in poetry. I started taking care of my mother after she suffered a stroke and we began writing stories and poems together. It has been very therapeutic for us both.

This isn't a complete collection of my poetry, my first poems I self published under the moniker, A Pet Banana Production. The first self published book, "A Pet Banana" is a rhyme/story about colors and the second is a collection of poetry I created with my mother titled, "An Elephant is On My House." I hope you enjoy my writing and I would love a visit to my author page!
Thanks!

All content on this blog is copyright Othen Cummings. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Good Verses Evil (count the syllables in this poem)

The devil spoke to me,
Sitting on his pitchfork
From I, no lies you see.
The angel whispered to me
The good Lord’s grace you should seek
Your savior will hear your plea.

The old devil snorted,
Grinning and half laughing
All lies he retorted.
The angel whispered to me,
For God so loved this old world
His only son died for ye.

Satan slithered away,
Those words stung that devil
The cherub's voice did say,
Let Jesus Christ in thy heart,
Wash away sin in his blood
Before this earth You Do Part.

~Othen Cummings

Copyright 2014 Othen Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment