My Poetry

I started this blog so I could neatly archive my work. You should find my poetry very diverse. I would like to believe there is something here for almost everyone.

It was only recently that I became interested in poetry. I started taking care of my mother after she suffered a stroke and we began writing stories and poems together. It has been very therapeutic for us both.

This isn't a complete collection of my poetry, my first poems I self published under the moniker, A Pet Banana Production. The first self published book, "A Pet Banana" is a rhyme/story about colors and the second is a collection of poetry I created with my mother titled, "An Elephant is On My House." I hope you enjoy my writing and I would love a visit to my author page!
Thanks!

All content on this blog is copyright Othen Cummings. All rights reserved.

Friday, October 21, 2016

The Sycamore Tree (revised 2016)

On a hot summer day, as kids we played,
Our mouths roared with glee
Under that Sycamore tree

On a brisk fall day, as teens we grow,
Feeling more than free
Under that Sycamore tree

On a cold winter day, as adults we become,
With you I adore to be
Under that Sycamore tree

On a fresh spring day, as love we made,
My life I swore to thee
Under that Sycamore tree

On a hot summer day, as older we age,
I’m glad you’re with me
Under that Sycamore tree.

On a cool autumn day, as to rest we are laid,
True love they'll all see
Under that Sycamore tree...


Copyright 2015, 2016 Othen Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment