My Poetry

I started this blog so I could neatly archive my work. You should find my poetry very diverse. I would like to believe there is something here for almost everyone.

It was only recently that I became interested in poetry. I started taking care of my mother after she suffered a stroke and we began writing stories and poems together. It has been very therapeutic for us both.

This isn't a complete collection of my poetry, my first poems I self published under the moniker, A Pet Banana Production. The first self published book, "A Pet Banana" is a rhyme/story about colors and the second is a collection of poetry I created with my mother titled, "An Elephant is On My House." I hope you enjoy my writing and I would love a visit to my author page!
Thanks!

All content on this blog is copyright Othen Cummings. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Eyes



D
      O
             W
                    N
                         the stairs
                                      of the old
                                                dark cellar
                                                             I Went.
                                                                     At the bottom,
                                                                                    what did I see?
                                                         A pair of strange eyes staring at me!  O-O
                                                                     >_> I asked the eyes,
                                                                      “Just who the heck are you?" O_O
                                                                              They looked to the right, o_O
                                                                               They looked to the left,  O_o
                                                                     ^_^ They said,
                                                                      “I got lost in the dark boo hoo hoo!” (;_:)
                                                                                    
                                                                                 Copyright 2015 Othen Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment